The Nevada decide knocks down Trump’s re-election marketing campaign ploy to suppress voters – Authorized Reader
The campaign lawyers wanted to throw away thousands of ballots in democratic Clark County.
A Nevada judge has put down a re-election lawsuit launched by President Donald Trump to prevent postal ballot papers from being counted in Clark County.
Clark County, which includes Las Vegas and is by far the most populous in the state, has 70% of all registered voters in Nevada. It’s also a heavily Democratic district that Presidential candidate Joe Biden is expected to easily carry in the upcoming election.
In their lawsuit, the Trump campaign, backed by the Nevada Republican Party, argued that conservatives could not observe all aspects of the final voting as simply or fairly as they wanted. The plaintiffs also requested that the counts be recorded by video cameras.
Carson City judge James Wilson dismissed the complaint on Monday, however, ruling that the Trump campaign not only lacked the legal standing required to file the complaint, but also lacked evidence of “devaluing or watering down a citizen’s vote.” “Were provided.
Trump’s re-election campaign, as LegalReader previously reported, has repeatedly claimed that postal voting is particularly susceptible to fraud – although there is little evidence or historical precedent to suggest this could be true.
Clark County is home to Las Vegas and 70% of all registered voters in Nevada. Image via Wikimedia Commons / User: Dietmer Rabich. (CCA-BY-4.0).
Wilson reiterated that stance on Monday, saying there was little reason to believe that postal ballot papers were not considered or counted as accurately as ballot papers submitted in person.
“There is no evidence that a vote that should legitimately be counted was or was not counted,” he wrote. “There is no evidence that votes that should not legitimately be counted have been or will be counted.
“There is no evidence that an electoral officer did anything outside of the law, policy, or procedure,” said Wilson.
According to National Public Radio, the lawsuit had ordered voter Clark County registrar Joseph Gloria to immediately stop using Agilis, an electronic polling device.
However, the criticism of the Trump campaign against Agilis – like the other complaints – could not prove any security or software errors that could lead to a compromised vote.
The lawsuit, according to NPR, appears to have been a last-minute ploy to prevent Nevada votes from being accurately counted or sorted in time for the general election. The GOP didn’t file its copy of the lawsuit until October 23, less than two weeks before election day.
Nevada Attorney General Aaron Ford has since praised Wilson’s decision.
“The president’s deliberate attempt to undermine the Nevada elections has failed again,” Ford said in a statement. “Today’s decision makes it clear that there is an adequate process for observing an election that even the president must follow, and it is certain to be a victory for the constitutional rights of all Nevadans.”
Nevada assistant attorney general Gregory Zunino had previously classified the Trump campaign lawsuit as overtly political and clearly as suppressing the state’s democratic vote.
“Clark County is a blue county and this is a numbers game,” Zunino said during last week’s opening arguments. “And honestly, they want to get as many of the Clark County ballots out as possible. You want a high rate of rejection.
“They’re not challenging the Elko County, Humboldt County, or Carson City trial,” Zunino added, “because they’re red counties.”
The judge rejects efforts by Republicans to stop early vote counting in Las Vegas
The Nevada judge is blocking a Republican lawsuit aimed at stopping the mail-in ballot count