Declare the price of your authorized plan utilizing Victoria Small Enterprise Digital Customization Program – Lawpath
The Victorian Government’s Small Business Digital Adaptation Program subsidizes the cost of digital products. Find out more here.
Reading time: 2 protocol
In the past few years, companies have gradually moved from manual to digital business methods to save money and maximize efficiency. While that trend was already in motion, the COVID-19 pandemic has sped it up by up to a decade. Throughout 2020, digital software helped companies overcome the challenges of moving to a remote model. Whether this means employees working from home or companies selling their products online rather than in person, the digital world has proven to be a magical ingredient for companies to keep moving. For Victorian businesses, that transition is being driven by the Small Business Digital Adaptation Program through which we partner with the Victorian government.
Here we explain how the program works, how to know if you are eligible, and how to apply.
What is the Small Business Digital Adaptation Program?
The Small Business Digital Adaptation Program is a Victorian government initiative to help small businesses transition to a digital business method. Eligible businesses can receive a discount of up to $ 1,200 on eligible digital products that they purchase. These products must be digital in nature and provided by a recognized partner of the government.
For more information on the program, please visit the Victorian Government website here.
Get legal advice on request for a low monthly fee.
Sign up for our legal advice plan and access professional legal advice when needed.
Which companies are eligible?
This program is only available to companies in the state of Victoria. You must then:
- Have a valid ABN since September 13, 2019
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) by September 13, 2020
- Be a sole proprietor, micro, or small business
- Do business in Victoria
- First pay for the subscription (legal plan) yourself
Eligible companies must register and claim their discount before the following deadlines have expired:
- Register for the program of February 28, 2021
- Request your discount March 31, 2021 (Your refund will be processed by the government within 6 weeks)
Which Lawpath Products Are Covered?
Eligible businesses can get the discount for purchasing our Essentials and Legal Advice plan.
With this plan, you can customize and download more than 300 documents, sign documents online, and have 24/7 customer support. Our documents cover every aspect of running your business, from employment to creating your website to protecting your confidential information.
Legal advice plan
Our Legal Advice Plan gives you all the benefits of our Essentials plan with your own attorney. This gives you:
- On-demand access to an attorney through 30 minute calls for new matters
- Verification of your documents by a lawyer (up to 4 pages per document)
This plan provides complete legal protection for your business at a fraction of the price you would pay for a traditional law firm.
How do I make a claim?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, all you need to do is register here before February 28, 2021. Once the Victorian government approves your registration, you will need to:
- Purchase the selected digital product at your own expense
- Please keep your proof of purchase (you need this to claim your discount).
- Request your discount before March 31, 2020 using this link
Would you like more information?
We will be running a limited number of webinars to explain the program in more detail and to demonstrate our legal plans live. The webinars will take place on the following dates and times (all times are AEST):
- Thursday, February 4th at 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 16 at 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 25th at 12:00 p.m.
- Friday 5th March at 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 18 at 12:00 p.m.
Further information on the webinar times and the program can be found here.